Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Time Again, Part I

Time goes by quickly these days.  The holidays were here; things were happening and there has been no time for blogging.  As usual, I'm a bit behind; therefore, in an effort to "catch up" with the pictures and happenings, I'll do the holidays in a couple of segments.

Our building always has a beautiful Christmas tree.  In years past, the employees have done the tree trimming; however, this year, Marcia made it into an event.  Everyone took munchies.  Below is the initial "Chinese fire drill" with the lights.  That's Jenny, Fanny, Fernanda, and me.
I gave up and left it to the other 3.

How appropo, Cesar tended bar.
Maria Isabel with Estaban holding Sebastian.  Estaban is Marcia's husband and Sebastian is their son.  We couldn't believe Sebastian is so big, it seems as though he was just born.
The girls gave up and Victor and Marcello took over.
Past the light phase.
Sebastian

The Mickster straightening bows.
On Friday, we went to the Christmas soire at Villa San Carlos.  The venue is beautiful.  Everyone had a great time.  Everyone that I've spoken with found the food to be somewhat mediocre.  Veggies were overcooked, the dressing was sweet and pasty, the pork was undercooked.  Rule of thumb, NEVER serve bloody pork (that's literal, I'm not a Brit).
Mickey, Mary's mom and Mary
Steve, Mickey, and  Mary
Karen, Mary and Bob
Friends with Jack and Julie
Janet, David, Mick and me
Larry, Mary, and Bob
 
Scott, Carolyn, Cindy, Brad, and another couple 
The trees at Villa San Carlos
The next morning, the view from our terrace, "too much trago".
The holidays are always fun here.  Once again, there was no tree in our apartment, it remains in the bodega as it has for the past 2 years.  Our first Christmas in Cuenca, we bought a tree and decorated the apartment and as in our previous life, it was TOO MUCH WORK.  I found that I was constantly moving the decorated tree, searching for the "right spot", which I never found.  Therefore, it seems that the right spot is in the bodega.  We simply enjoy the efforts of others.  Our wish is that everyone is experiencing a wonderful holiday season.

Until next time,
Mick and Kathy

1 comment:

  1. It was a really fun night spent with new friends. Thanks for posting posting all these photos that my mother can share with everybody back home. Mary

    ReplyDelete